I would say and wiser too, but that's not true.
So the last birthday of the year hit our house. Phew, no more until March. Sorry no pictures it was my birthday and I don't have to take pictures. :)
To preface, I got to celebrate my birthday a week or so early with some of my good friends who also share December as a birthday. Carrie and Laura and our Hubs went to dinner and it was AMAZING!!!! Couldn't have asked for better company.
The actual birthday was a Monday.
I loved my phone going crazy with all the birthday wishes (love facebook for that!) My cute kids all wished me a happy birthday before they went off to school and my friend Erica brought me cafe rio and cupcakes for lunch.
The downish side was I had to make dinner for my dinner group, (but it was the best day the rest of the week was busy and would've been hard to switch.) I kept it basic with homemade pizza (I wanted my kids to eat it since I was leaving them with a sitter.) The best present was the fact that my 21 year old brother in law came and watched the kids. (oh man I miss having babysitters.) Lucky for him my other favorite present was my friend Kaylene took Warren. Scott had watched the kids a week or so ago and he and Warren did not do well. No worries, no one does well with Warren...unless of course you are Kaylene and Erica. Those are his two favorite people besides Mom and Dad. So when Davis got Scott to babysit I figured I would make it good all around and Kaylene was more than happy to take the "bug".
Davis and I were able to go out to dinner. I had a giftcard to Tepanyaki (that my mother in law gave me for my birthday last year.) It was awesome and I remembered why I loved that place. I am sure it'll be many years again before we go back, so I relished every minute. It was nice to be out with my Hubby and not have to worry about the kiddos.
All in all it was a great day. I am happy that 2011 is nearly over and soooo hoping 2012 is MUCH better.
I also get to look forward to doing lunch in a week with some more friends that share a December birthday....I swear ALL the cool kids have December birthdays. Davis' best buds from high school out of 3 of them 2 married December girls so I get to do lunch with Anna and Amy. (Megan is having a baby so we will take her to lunch in June for her birthday.) I then get to go do dinner the first Saturday in January with my other December buds Dana and Colleen. I have so many friends with birthdays in December and we all try to get together once a year, so I get to extend the birthday season and I LOVE IT!!!!! I can't wait to see all my girls in the next few weeks and celebrate good friends getting older. :)
6 years ago
1 comment:
Happy birthday, I'm looking forward to seeing you and Dana!
Post a Comment