Ady did really well this weekend with the potty. She only had accidents when she went to Grandmas and the ward party. She does great at home, but not so great anywhere else. Any good tips on this would be appreciated. Matthew on the otherhand didn't really pee in the potty once. He would generally pee in his undies run to the potty, take his undies off, sit down, flush toilet(his favorite part) and put clean undies on. So we mostly threw in the towel on him. We also realized Friday night, after he'd woken up 3 times that he was teething (two year old molars) and completely miserable. He doesn't like to wear diapers though, so we've had him in Ady's pull-ups off and on. I think we will "try" undies when I am home and have time to focus more on him. I really think it'll be a work in progress and it's going to take much longer than 3 days. Oh well, if we can do it in the next 6 months, I'll be happy. I just can't wait for it to "click" with him. It's totally clicked with Ady and the few accidents are livable.
Ady is pretty funny though. She doesn't really like to poop on the potty (though when she does it she is sooo proud of herself.) So the other day she said, "Mom, I want a diaper please." I told her she was a big girl and had big girl panties, that she didn't need a diaper. She then said, "I just need it for a minute. I need to poop, then you can have it back." LOL I told her to poop in the potty and we haven't had the issue much since. Though she does get pretty upset when Matthew gets to wear one and she doesn't.
So, we are getting there. We avoided church yesterday and really hope Ady is good to go next week. I'm also hoping Matthew will feel better soon. Okay, secretly I don't really WANT to take them to church, but "I" want to go! If I could only find a sitter for an hour and 15 minutes. Oh by the way....sacrament meeting is still AWEFUL! I really dislike having to take care of all 3 kids by myself. I keep telling myself I need a better attitude but in reality I need quieter kids AND LOTS more patience....any suggestions. LOL
6 years ago
3 comments:
Congrats on Ady! I don't blame you for giving up on Matthew. I always heard boys are harder to potty train and after what I have been through for the last 6 months with Easton I totally believe it. I dread even starting Eli because I can't even imagine going through it with both of them! Sorry about your struggles in sacrament. Someday you will look back and laugh and wonder how you even did it. Hang in there!
you can always send ady our way in sacramment! miss loved having her sit by us! we usually sit in the overflow, though so that elli can have room to move around. feel free to sit by us anytime!
i've always heard boys are a little harder, too. he'll get it eventually!!
He is only 2... and some 2yr olds no matter if they are pink or blue take a bit longer to "get it"...
When he takes off his undies he knows it's time to clean up...and that is the start of his understanding...
So...don't be patient...be understanding. He is learning and he isn't done yet :)
Post a Comment