Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Unfinished Project

So girls camp is officially 13 days away....ahhhh!!!! I have a lot done, but I still have bits and pieces I need to finish. Since I should be working on that....instead I am reading blogs and deciding to update....hey we all need a break from insanity causing things...right?!?!?! So about a week or so ago Tanner got in big trouble. Davis not thinking decided to banish him to his room for many hours. Me on the other hand had a different idea. After talking to Davis I went to Tanner's room and said, "Come downstairs, I have something I want you to help me with." HIm knowing this would not be fun told me, "Sorry Dad said I need to stay in my room." Ahhh, too bad. Begrudgingly he came downstairs. So this is the before picture of my pretty patch of blackberry bushes.


Ah the tears it took. Tanner helped me carry the rocks over one wheelbarrow load at a time. I spent many hours in the last two weeks weeding and so far this is as far as I've gotten. Soon it'll be finished...soon.


Since I am updating, I thought I would post our corn. It is growing very nicely. I really pray someone waters for me while i am at girls camp.


These are the kids tires. Matt's are at top and they are doing the best. Ady's are okay....Tanner's not so good. His cabbage is growing, but still much smaller than his friends. I keep telling him to water it, but he doesn't...oh well. My bucket of tomatoes is in the middle....there are a ton of cherry tomatoes that I am just waiting to eat...turn red, turn red!!!!

Last but not least. This stinker is turning 9 tomorrow. Have I mentioned that I can't wait for him to go to 4th grade in a few weeks. His teasing is driving me batty. So we made him a cake on Sunday (his favorite). We are busy this week and trying to get everything in, but I told him his birthday stuff might take some time. So cake on Sunday....movie on Tuesday, he loved the Last Airbender (thanks for the money Aunt Kiersti.) Tomorrow we will do the food, he gets to choose breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am happy they are okay meals and they are easy since I hve something Thursday night to go to. Then Friday morning we are going camping with Davis cousin and his family. Busy Busy Busy. He still wants to have a "Minute to Win it" party with his friends and his choice for going out to eat is Tepanyaki....but he said he can wait until after girls camp....thanks bud!

He really is a good kid though. I think he gets frustrated being the oldest and so much older than the rest. But we are trying to let him do more and more as a big kid.
P.S. Notices the candles....there are only 8, mom goofed and was too lazy to add one more and re-light them. He laughed about it, so we took a picture. Davis told him he had to repeat 8, repeat 3rd grade and get rebaptized...Mom added another candle. LOL


2 comments:

Kiersti said...

Happy Birthday Tanner!! I very vividly remember holding you in the hospital for the first time, my very first nephew. Such a beautiful baby! And I spoiled you rotten every chance I could (for a while, at least). Too bad we can't be aunties with deep pockets forever, right?
Love you, I'm glad you loved your movie!

Nicole Marsh said...

Happy Birthday Tanner!