Sunday, June 03, 2007

Kindergarten ZOO day

Last Wednesday, our school to all of the kindergarten classes to the zoo. Crazy, I know. Well, I went to work and then met the buses at the park for lunch. I was getting lunch ready and I heard, "TANNER'S MOM!!!!!!" I turned and saw a boy from our ward, Carson Sweet, waving and yelling at me! It was so cute!!! So, since I knew his Mom couldn't make it, I took a picture. :)
Carson then pointed out to me this cute little bird.
SIDE NOTE: After lunch all of the kids were playing on the playground equipment and the Mom's were talking. I saw a group of kids running around screaming and laughing. One of the other Mom's said, "Is that a little bird?" I said, "Yes, it was hanging out with us while we ate." The other Mom started yelling to the group of kids, "Leave that bird alone." We decided to walk over to the group and see if we could save the little bird from being too frightened. Unfortunatley the kids were doing more than scaring the bird. Some of the kids had feathers in thier hands....they were pulling feathers off of it!!!! This Mom and I were horrified. We gave the kids a pretty good lecture and took them away from the bird. Poor thing!!!!
Tanner and Kaylee!!! I was in charge of two kids, Tanner and Kaylee, it was wonderful. Most of the other Mom's had four kids. YAY for me.

My friend Amber and her son Nathan.
Taylor, Tierra and Tanner looking at snakes.
Tanner thought the rinos smelled really bad!!!!

Climbing on the Rhino statue!

My little group hung out with another little group of girls. It was fun. We took a few pictures but most of the time we were so busy trying to count heads.

Left to Right: "Pow", Tierra, Kaylee, Taylor, MaKenzie, Tanner

The watering hole!!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for taking a picture of Carson for me! I'm hoping Carson wasn't one of those kids plucking the bird's feathers....was he?? Yikes!

Connie and Mike said...

Kids will be kids, but it was a great teaching moment... Hopefully the kids learned something of value right then...

Those lessons go right back to Sunbeams and Nursery...but then they are so young, it's a good thing repetition is one way to learn.

The Zoo sounds fun... Let's go.

Love, Gramma

Amy said...

I can't believe those kids would do that to a bird. I hope the bird is okay. How sad.

The zoo does sound fun. If you want some company when you go let me know. Our passes expire the end of July.

Anonymous said...

I remember going to the zoo in kindergarden or somewhere around there. It was a lot of fun. It looks like everyone had a great time, execept for the little birdy...